The client was just a 13-year-old boy. He had Grade 3 Gynecomastia which was pretty severe for his age.
When they came in, his parents were worried about his health. They had a lot of misconceptions regarding his condition.
We realized that the condition has caused certain psychological issues in the young mind of the boy. He was unable to mingle with other kids. He was developing a lot of confidence issues as he started to understand that he looks different among other boys his age.
But they had stepped into Desire Aesthetics at the right time before it could cause any irreversible or long term damage in the psyche of the kid.
Our senior consultants at Desire Aesthetics sat the family down and listened to them. After talking to them and relieving them off any misconceptions they might have about the conditions, we went forward with initial examinations.
The boy’s hormonal status turned out to be normal. Since none of the other tests showed any red flags, we suggested they go forward with a surgical procedure to remove the breast glands and liposuction.
Their major concerns were to know:
- if the surgery is safe for their kid, and
- if the condition will recur after the surgery.
- We explained everything about recurrence.
- Once we remove the gland and if we do a good Gynecomastia liposuction, the recurrence rate is extremely low.
- We also explained to them some of the post-recovery care they should do for a while after the surgery. If they don’t follow the prescribed dieting and exercises for a while, there may be a possibility of a condition called Pseudo-gynecomastia. But the Gynecomastia will not recur.
- The parents understood and asked us to do the surgery.
Surgery & Recovery:
- The surgery went very well! It was a daycare surgery – meaning it will happen during the day and they can go home by the end of the day.
- The boy was admitted at 7.30 in the morning. His surgery was done in an hour and by afternoon he was able to take his normal diet. By evening he was sent home. The next day the dressing was removed.
- Within one week, he was able to go to school with compression garments!
The surgery helped the 9th-grade boy become pretty active quite soon. He was under our follow-up. His parents started seeing psychological changes in him in a few weeks.
He has now completed his 10th grade with very good marks!
His parents were quite pleased that they could see a great improvement in his studies and that he had started mingling with other boys in his school way better. They were so happy that they could gift their child an entire future free of worries from health and confidence issues. We at Desire Aesthetics were glad that we could contribute to the well-being of a child at such an early stage. 🙂