Hair Transplantation – A Viable Treatment for Hair Loss
One of the most common problems that both men and women face today is hair loss. It is traumatic to see hair falling consistently, leading to baldness. Hair loss can affect a person’s self-esteem and confidence.
There are different types of hair loss and each type is associated with specific reasons. Hence, it is necessary to evaluate the cause before taking treatment. Some of the most common reasons for hair loss include the following:
- Ageing and genetic reasons: As you age, the growth of hair on the scalp naturally slows down. Genetic reasons can also contribute to hair loss. If alopecia is running in your family, then you may experience it too.
- Stress: Emotional and physical stress causes early shedding of the hair before the hair shaft reaches its full growth. Certain types of illness, accidents, overwork, loss of dear ones, etc. lead to continuous hair thinning. Chemotherapy and radiation also cause damage to the hair follicle.
- Poor diet: If your diet lacks essential nutrients required for hair growth, you may experience hair loss. In certain cases, your body may not absorb nutrients from the food because of certain vitamin deficiencies.
- Hormonal imbalances: If your hormonal balance is disturbed because of aging or other health disorders, it directly affects the health of your hair follicles. Usage of birth control pills among women also contributes to hair loss. Medical conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and thyroid disorder lead to hormonal imbalance affecting the strength of the hair follicle.
- Scalp infections: Certain types of scalp infections, such as fungal attack or ringworm lead to hair loss.
- Excessive use of chemicals on the scalp: Coloring of the hair and use of certain shampoos leave excessive amount of chemical deposit on the scalp resulting in hair loss.
Though causes of hair loss are plenty, the impact is the same. If you suffer from hair loss, it is best to get treated as soon as you can. For those patients, who have pattern hair loss where hair is thin in certain parts of the scalp and healthy at other areas, hair transplantation is suggested. Women with male pattern baldness also benefit from transplantation.
Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure performed under local anesthesia. The procedure involves removing hair from the thicker areas and grafting it at the thinning area.
The surgeon numbs the patient’s scalp with local anesthesia and with a scalpel removes a small section of the scalp. This section of the scalp is further separated into small grafts. The surgeon creates small holes with a needle on the bald scalp area and transplants the hair into these holes.
The surgeon prescribes essential drugs during the post-surgery period and the patient can resume normal work. Hair transplantation is highly successful in restoring your confidence.
To get your condition evaluated by the best doctors, contact Desire Aesthetics and book for a consultation.