The client was a 54 year old man with Grade 1 Gynecomastia.
His case history turned out to be rather complicated.
He had dropped out from school at 14 because he couldn’t handle the humiliation. He’d lived with this condition for more than 35 years without mingling with people and a proper social life. It was only grade 1 Gynecomastia. But at 54, he’d developed complications such as diabetes and hypertension.
He told our kind consultant that everything bad happened to him happened because of his Gynecomastia.
Consultation & Recovery:
We realized he was deeply scarred psychologically.
We patiently explained the causes of his condition. It is a normal condition that affects one in four men on an average. We tried to convince him that it was no fault of his.
- We showed him pictures and explained everything there is about Gynecomastia.
- He wanted to surgically deal with his problem. But upon examination, we suggested it was not worth the risks to go for a surgical intervention not only because it’s just Grade 1 Gynacomastia and also because of his other age related complications like diabetes & hypertension.
- He came to us for 3-4 consultations. We convinced him not to go for surgery. Recommended counselling.
- We asked a psychiatrist colleague to counsel him. We gave him continuous counselling.
- He was much better after just 3-4 sessions of counselling.
- Even though we did not perform any surgery, he became more happy with the help we provided. He said he felt alright again.
We keep in touch with him regularly so that any other complications arise, we can go forward with surgery if needed.
We, at Desire Aesthetics, are always happy to help our clients in the best way possible. We are proud to have earned the trust of our valuable clients with the help of our caring staff, our expert surgeons and our considerate consultants who would only provide the right solutions apt for the circumstances of our clients.