An 18 year old male along with his parents stepped in to Desire Aesthetics to help with his Grade 2 Gynecomastia.
The 18 year old client has just finished school and he was refusing to join college. We learned that he did not want to live in the college hostel. He confessed to our senior consultant that he was scared of being ragged in the college by other kids. He was frustrated that he could never even wear a T-shirt.
Consultation & Examination:
- Our senior consultant listened to all his fears and doubts. Our senior consultant Dr Sivakumar then patiently explained to him about his condition and put all his fears to rest as it was just Grade 2 Gynecomastia.
- He was examined with the usual tests and everything was found to be normal. We suggested surgery for gynecomastia gland removal and liposuction.
- By this time, he was not scared anymore and was ready to go ahead with the surgery.
Surgery & Recovery:
- Surgery was performed. Daycare surgery – doesn’t need more than a day to almost get back to normal life.
- The surgery took about 1 hour under general anaesthesia. He was discharged by evening. He was already impressed by the drastic change in the way he looked. We advised wearing compression garments for about 6 weeks for 24 hours and for another 6 weeks during only night times.
- By the time his college started he was ready! His parents was happy to see him not scared about joining a college anymore. He was happy that he could wear T-shirts again!
- He is now finishing his graduation with renewed energy and confidence without any further troubles or worries.