Enzymes are substances that the body produces naturally and are present in all living organisms. It acts as a catalyst that speeds up chemical reactions that are essential in the normal functioning of the human body. Enzymes also play an important role in all molecular reproduction.
What do Enzymes do?
- Enzymes increase cellular activity
- Increase metabolic rate
- Increase the Nutrient supply to cells
- Increase micro-circulation
- Reduce toxin levels and eliminates free-radical damage
- Stimulates Lymphatic Drainage
- Helps the skin to retain moisture therefore remain soft and supple
In a process of self regeneration human skins continually sheds its top layer of keratinized cells. Our Enzyme Peels work similarly to Our Glycolic Peels as they both rid the skin of the dead-skin cell layer on the surface. The difference between the two is that the Enzymes in our Enzyme Peels DIGEST the dead skin cells as opposed to just loosening them up for exfoliation.
Normally Glycolics are used for surface exfoliation. However, this can sometimes be too sharp or intrusive for sensitive and acne skin conditions. Our different Enzyme peels work as a surface Exfoliant that digests the top layer of dead cells without aggravating the skin below.
When applied to the skin:
- make pores smaller
- lighten surface pigmentation
- reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- re-textures flaky, scaly skin
- Digests Corneous cells and stimulates Collagen producing Fibroblast cells.
- Soothes irritated skins
- Retains moisture hence encouraging pliability, flexibility and suppleness.
All our Enzyme Peels come from natural plant sources and can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions such as Dry & Dehydrated skins, Ageing skins, Sun-damaged Skins, Pigmented Skins and the ever problematic, Acne skins.
Our Enzyme Peels are :
Papin Enzyme Peel
The Papin Enzyme Peel is ideal for any skin type showing relaxed elasticity, large pores, Rosacea, hyper-pigmentation, acne and comedogenic skin conditions.
The Papin Enzyme Peel digests everything that is not living on the surface of the skin and frees the epidermis from dead skin cells and other debris. it also has the ability to penetrate into the follicle and therefore digests everything in its path. The Papin Enzyme Peel can also be used on the hands to soften and digest the rough, calloused skin.
Main ingredients in the Papain Enzyme Peel:
PAPAIN is an enzyme derived from the Papaya fruit. It is a Proteolytic enzyme meaning that it changes proteins into peptones.
PANCREATIN, a mixture of pancreatic enzymes whose main function is a digestant
SHEA BUTTER, A botanical oil extracted from the nut of the edible fruit of the Karite tree. Shea Butter is well known for its antioxidant, anti free-radical, moisturizing, solar protection and anti-inflammation properties.
Cherry Berry Enzyme Peel [10% & 20%]
Our Cherry Berry peels are perfect for Cystic Acne, dull, tired and sun-damaged skins and is available in 2 strengths – a 10% and a 20%.
The 10% is used for Active Acne skins
The 20% is used for Acne scars and dull, sun-damaged skin conditions
Our Cherry Berry peels are rich in powerful antioxidants called flavonoids that have various therapeutic effects on the body and skin. The Flavonoids found in cherries act as antioxidants in the free-radical scavenging process, destroying the extremely unstable and harmful altered oxygen compounds. Not only do they help reduce the signs of ageing by battling free-radicals, but they also strengthen the building fibres of our connective tissue – Collagen.
Flavonoids, such as those found in cherries, are also natural anti-inflammatory compounds. Our Cherry Berry peels also includes Blueberry, one of the most well-known anti-oxidants in the world, slowing down the ageing process and reducing cell damage that can lead to cancer – according to The American Institute for Cancer Research.
The Cherry Berry peel also contains :
- Salicylic Acid – BHA that encourages quick cellular renewal
- Pineapple enzymes – that digest debris in pores and removes dead cells
- L-Mandellic Acid – digest ‘Desmosomes’ so dead cells are quickly released
- Cherry Puree – rich in oxy-haemoglobin properties.
Having a course of Cherry Berry Facials will :
- Strengthen your Collagen
- Provide anti-inflammatory properties
- Provide a rich source of essential anti-oxidants for your skin
- Slow down the signs of ageing
- Improve skin tone and texture
- Digest dead skin cells
- Encourage Collagen production
Cranberry Enzyme Peel
Cranberries are a rich source of flavonoids and other phenol acids. Cranberries are now being recognized in the medical and health community as premier disease fighters. They contain more antioxidants phenols than many other common fruit. Cranberries also contain potent anti-bacterial properties. This makes the Cranberry Peel a perfect treatment specifically for Acne and Oily prone skin.
- Soothing and moisturizing
- Moisturizing for Dehydrated, Dry, Chapped skin
- Destroys bacteria
- Protects skin against the Free-Radical, damaging effect of the environment because of its anti-oxidant properties
- Soothes skin inflammations
- Provides significant amounts of Vitamin A, potassium and calcium.
Pumpkin Enzyme Peel [10%, 20% and 35%]
As you would know by now, the way to a healthy skin is to exfoliate regularly. The PHYTO Pumpkin Enzyme Peel is a fruit/acid enzyme and a powerful anti oxidant. This Enzyme peel has the richest source of beta carotene and contains a full complement of Vitamin A derivatives.
It contains an abundance of:
- Protein building amino acids
- Plant growth factors
- An anti-oxidant pro vitamin
- Vitamin C
- Co Enzymes
- Moisturizing fatty acids
- A pro-allantoin compound
- Natural Spintraps to protect against Free-Radical damage
Our Phyto Pumpkin Enzyme Peel is a surface exfoliation that removes the top layer of dead cells without wounding the skin below. It uncovers underlying layers of younger, smoother, glowing skin. After the surface layer of dead skin cells is removed, any products or serums applied to the skin are able to penetrate much deeper and with ease.
The Phyto Pumpkin Enzyme Peel is excellent when used on Sensitive, Oily, Combination and Acne Skins as it is not as sharp or intrusive as Glycolics can be to some skins. Depending on your client’s skin type and specific need, the Phyto Pumpkin Enzyme Peel is available in 10%, 20% and 35%. This mild, aromatic peel is especially good for Sensitive skins, Dehydrated and Dry skins and can also be used prior to any IPL treatments for Photo-ageing.
Mango Enzyme Peel
The Mango Peel contains numerous beneficial ingredients such as :
- Lactic Acid
- L – Mandellic Acid
- Malic , Gallic acid, Ascorbic Acid (analgesic, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory)
- Keampferol (Phyto-estrogen – anti-allergen, anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory)
- Lactic Acid (provides protein softening, and accelerated cell-turnover rate)
- Lauric Acid (anti-oxidant)
- Other anti-oxidants such as Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C – essential to skin metabolism and the stimulation of collagen synthesis)
- Carotenoids – essential anti-oxidant
- Astraxanthin – 500 times stronger than Vitamin E and 10 times stronger than Beta-Carotene. Astraxanthin has been shown to greatly enhance the immune system while reducing acute inflammation of the skin and tissue.
These ingredients along with others provide a good exfoliation, a general smoothening of the skin, a more rapid cell turnover rate, increase Collagen synthesis and enhance the immune system.